JOIN US AT HATHEROP CASTLE FOR A VOYAGE OF HISTORICAL DISCOVERY.
From its early monastic days, through Tudor plotting and intrigue to its time as a Second World War training camp for the Danish resistance, our wonderful school has a colourful and fascinating past. Discover the Castle’s connections to royalty, why we might have an elephant buried in the grounds and how we use this magnificent building to provide the very best education and opportunities for our pupils today.
- Play Cluedo in French to discover the purpose of the Castle’s rooms
- Join the Danish resistance and become WW11 code breaker
- Hear the music Anne Boleyn would have enjoyed in her time at the Castle
- Investigate the symmetry and geometric shapes of the Victorian kitchen garden
- Discover what life was like for a monk when the Castle was a monastery
- Capture the spy!
- Learn how the Castle is connected to India and its culture
- Sample edible Indian delights
If you are unable to attend the Open Day but would still like to visit, we would be delighted to welcome you to Hatherop Castle at a time that suits you for a tour with the Head, Nigel Reed. Please contact us to make an appointment on 01285 750206 or email@example.com.