We made it! We have now managed to welcome back every single year group to school this term with Prep 7 & 8 joining us back today.
Hatherop Prep School has welcomed back all children from Nursery to Prep 8 in a phased return since 1st June 2020. All our children were so happy to be back and see their friends and teachers and resume some form of normality to their daily lives. The school is feeling full again.
For the last week of term we are thrilled to be welcoming back Prep 7 & 8. Our Prep 8 leavers will have the opportunity to say goodbye to their teachers and friends, open our new Tree house Classroom and celebrate their time with us.
A number of steps have been taken to allow all of our children to return safely to school.
- A ‘Bubble’ system has been implemented throughout the school. Each class (up to a maximum of 15 children) has been organised into a bubble and they work, play, eat and exercise together in their specifically allocated areas. Each bubble has a separate lawn to play on and when they are required to be in communal spaces, social distancing is adhered to.
- Drop off and collection times are organised to year groups, with parents in Prep School being asked to remain in their car and drop children at the front door and parents of Pre-Prep and Nursery being asked to drop off at the Pre-Prep gates.
- Staff and children wash their hands as soon as they enter school and throughout the day. All communal and ‘bubble’ areas are regularly cleaned and sterilised throughout the day.
- Children have been asked to wear their own clothes on a daily basis to ensure clean clothes every day. Water bottles are sent home each day and washed.
- Outdoor learning is happening as much as possible. Regular Forest School sessions, lunches outside (weather permitting) and lots of creative lessons in Hatherop’s extensive grounds. If it rains, the coats go on and there is plenty of shade for sunny days!
- Children who have had to remain at home are still receiving regular video calls from their teachers and often join in on class lessons virtually to ensure they all feel included.
We have had so many kind letters of thanks from our parents about our phased return and it is lovely to hear how happy the children are to be back. We would just like to say a huge thank you so all our families for working with us to make this all happen. We cannot wait to see you all again in September.