The weather has been suitably hot for our theme week this year on the topic of STEAM. STEAM stands for Science, Technology, Engineering, Art and Maths and throughout the week pupils from across the school have had the opportunity to take part in different STEAM based activities.
Projects have included:
- building and designing cars powered by balloons;
- designing spaghetti bridges, that can hold the most weight;
- designing and evaluating the best paper aeroplane designs;
- recycling plastics into useful and decorative products;
- making geodesic domes out of cocktail sticks and marshmallows;
- designing and making water bombs out of paper;
- felting workshop with Mrs Sanders and Mrs Winchester;
- designing and making cardboard boats;
- constructing a car out of pallets;
- designing machines which could get rid of landfill waste;
All these projects have helped pupils develop their skills of problem solving, teamwork, brainstorming, designing, constructing, testing and evaluating.